I saw the Netflix Book Tag on booktube and thought it looked like a lot of fun so here goes nothing.
1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading – American Gods. One of my favourite reads of the year so far, I adored all the characters and the modern twists they all seemed to take on. It was very well done and SO enjoyable.
2. Top Picks: A book/books that have been recommended to you based on a book you have previously read – Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, I was told that it was the next Game of Thrones and all the hopeful things but I have to say it fell short! But you win some and you lose some.
3. Recently Added: The last book you bought – I genuinely can’t remember… it was probably a sequel, maybe A Court of Wings and Ruin – another book that was a pure joy to read!
4. Popular on Netflix: Books that everyone knows about. (2 you’ve read and 2 you have read or have no interest in reading) – Anything by Sarah J Maas, one of the more popular young adult authors and I devour anything she puts out! I have no interest in reading the new Cassandra Clare series, if they were anything like The Mortal Instruments I don’t have the patience for it.
5. Comedies: A funny book – Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham – this book had me laughing out loud. I think the fact that she narrates her own story makes all the difference! One of my favourites.
6. Dramas: A character who is a drama queen/king. – Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows is the biggest drama king ever, but in a totally wonderful way! Plus all of those characters make me swoon a little.
7. Animated: A book with cartoons on the cover – Saga, I adore these comics, it makes me smile just thinking about it. It is definitely one that I want to get back into, desperately!
8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-read – This is a dangerous path, I have so many books that I wanna reread, it would have to be The Final Empire. But I do have the second book so I might have to reread it in time to bite into the sequel!
9. Documentaries: A non-fiction book you’d recommend to everyone – I Am Malala without a doubt. This is one inspiring book and you learn so much from her about the culture and the country she fled.
10. Action and Adventure: An action packed book – Cinder or any of the Lunar Chronicles to be honest – they all have so much packed in them that you have to remind yourself to put them down.
11. New Releases: A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can’t wait to read. – Our Dark Duet, I just finished This Savage Song and I can’t wait to dive back into the world and find out how everything has changed!
12. Max: Tag some people – Anyone reading this who wants to have a go!
What are some of your favourite tags? Did you enjoy the Netflix Book Tag? Are there any you would like me to have a look at? Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by Jordann @thebookbloglife (see all)
- Paper Towns Book Review - 20th January 2018
- Young Adult Contemporary Recommendation – Anna and the French Kiss - 18th January 2018
- Tower of Dawn Book Review - 16th January 2018